Plainville residents can dispose of electronics (also known as e-waste) at the Transfer Station** free of charge. All electronics and appliances with a battery or cord, clean plastics or metal, including the following items will be accepted:
- Computer Monitors & Terminals
- Computers and Laptops
- Computer Peripherals
- Toner and Inkjet Cartridges
- Printers and Fax Machines
- Telephone PBX/Telephones/Cellular Phones
- Modems, Routers, Switches, Hubs
- All Cables and Wires
- UPS Batteries
- Mainframes & Sever Racks
- All Storage Media
- Hard drives, VHS, DVDs, Cassette Tapes, CDs
- Electronic and Magnetic Ballasts
- Lab & Medical Equipment
- Vacuum Cleaners
- DVD & CD Players
- Video Games
- Air Conditioners, Dehumidifiers, Refrigerators, Water Coolers
- Household Appliances: Coffee Makers, Egg Beaters, etc.
- Household Batteries
- Metal Pots, Pans & Plates
**NOTE: The Transfer Station is open to Plainville residents Saturdays from 8am – 3pm April to November (exact dates are determined yearly). Identification is required for proof of residency. Commercial e-waste is not accepted.
Please direct questions to Public Works Administration at (860) 793-0221 x7176.
Please Note: Regional Electronic Collections are no longer held in the General Electric parking lot.