Does the Town Clerk change my name for me once I am married?

No-there is no provisions for the Town Clerk to do this. If the bride decides to change her name once she is married, she must contact Social Security Administration, Department of Motor Vehicles, banking institutions, etc, where her name would require a legal change. A certified copy of the marriage license is proof that the name change request is legitimate.

Following her marriage, if the bride owns property in Plainville she can file a Change of Name Certificate on the Land Records for a $53.00 fee.