Our Mission is to provide a safe, enjoyable environment for cycling in Plainville.
- Provide tools to educate cyclists, motorists and pedestrians about safe cycling
- Encourage the business community to develop bicycle friendly policies
- Conduct cycling safety courses for school children, parents and senior citizens
- Work with local Police Department to institute zero bicycle crash policies
- Assist Town Planning, Engineering and Road Departments to make cycling in Plainville easy and safe
- Encourage the development of safe bike routes through town
Bicycle Friendly = People on Bikes!
The Bicycle Friendly Committee was appointed by the Plainville Town Council in 2008 at the request of the leaders of the Plainville Greenway Alliance. The initial goal of the Bicycle Friendly Committee (BFC) is to have Plainville be one of the first communities in the state of Connecticut to be designated a Bicycle Friendly Community by the League of American Bicyclists. This designation will assist the Town of Plainville in providing a healthy, safe, ecological and economically sound living environment for its individual and commercial residents.