The Friends of the Plainville Public Library welcome book, DVD, and CD donations during Library business hours.
The Friends do not accept newspapers, encyclopedias, phone books/directories, magazines, "Time Life" books, Readers Digest Condensed novels, textbooks/computer books, Advanced Reader copies/uncorrected proofs, coloring books, VHS, cassette tapes, vinyl records, and anything wet/moldy/smelly/damaged.
Book Nook (on-going book sale open during Library business hours)
Hardcover books $1.00 each
Paperbacks & children's titles 3 for $1.00 or $0.50 each
DVDs & CDs $1.00 each
Support the Friends of the Plainville Public Library everytime you shop on Amazon.com through the Amazon Smile Foundation.
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon that lets customers enjoy the same wide selection of products as Amazon. The difference is that when customers shop at AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation donates 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the charitable organizations selected by customers.
The Friends of the Library are an association of persons interested in books and libraries. Membership in this group is open to all interested individuals upon payment of their annual dues. It provides a means through which they may share their enthusiasm for the aims and services of the library and focus public attention on its facilities and needs.
What We Do
- Sponsor book discussions for adults, musical programs, guest appearances of authors, and other special programs, lectures and events for adults and children.
- Purchase materials, books, software and equipment for the library that is not covered in the library's budget.
- Print monthly calendar of library events and mail to membership.
- Conduct semi-annual used book sales to raise funds for library programs and projects.
- Hold Annual Friends Meeting and Potluck Supper in May of each year.
- Decorate the library for the holiday season in December and for special events.
- Provide refreshments for various events at the library.
If you would like to join us, as either an active or supporting member, please print and fill out our membership form, and return it to the library with your membership dues.