The Town of Plainville is contracted with CWPM for automated trash and recycling collection for eligible residential properties.
What you need to know:
- The containers should be placed at the curb with the arrows pointing towards the road. There must be no objects within 5 feet of all sides of the container in order for your trash and recycling to be collected. Containers should never be placed side by side.
- Initially, multi-family homeowners received one recycling and one trash cart. They may obtain additional carts at no cost, up to the number of residential units in their building.
- You can request an additional barrel for an annual fee. If you would like one, contact the Department of Public Works at (860) 793-0221 ext. 208.
Any questions or comments can be referred to the Department of Public Works at (860)793-0221 ext. 208.
Set Recycling & Trash Reminders
- The Recycle Coach App is free to download and is available from the iTunes Store and Google Play.
- There is a quick one time set-up process to personalize the information for the user.
- After the initial set-up, a calender can be viewed displaying your scheduled pick-up along with any holidays.
- The Town of Plainville's Recycle Coach app can set reminders for the user before their recycling and trash pickup.
- Reminders can be set from one week to one hour in advance.
- These reminders and your personalized collection scheule can be exported to PDF, iCal, or Outlook.
For More Information Check Out the Links Below:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Trash & Recycling Collection Schedule Calender
- Trash & Recycling Collection Schedule By Street*
*To find your street within the Collection Schedule, hit Ctrl + F, type your street name in the box that opens, then hit enter.