Plainville-Southington Regional Health District
The Health District's Role and Responsibilities:
The basic role and responsibility of the Plainville-Southington Regional Health District is to ensure a safe and healthy environment for our residents, businesses and visitors as well as protect our natural resources through education, inspections and enforcement of the many local, state and federal laws and regulations.
Within the Health District, there are three divisions:
• Public Health
• Environmental Health
• Housing Code Enforcement
Our Public Health responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Health promotion
• Disease prevention:
• Health care services:
Our Environmental Health responsibilities include, but are not limited to regulating:
• Private and public water supplies
• Private sewage disposal systems (septic systems)
• Food service operations
• Child care facilities
• Long term care /assisted living facilities
• Public swimming pools and bathing areas
• Lead (Pb) poisoning
• Indoor/outdoor air quality
• Hair/beauty/nail salons
• Insect and vermin control (mosquito, ticks, rats, etc.)
• Hazardous materials
• General nuisance complaint investigations
• Any other environmental issues, complaints and/or concerns
Our Housing Code Enforcement duties include, but are not limited to:
• Conducting inspections of any rental dwelling or dwelling unit, prior to any new occupancy
• Issuing Certificates of Compliance
• Investigate and resolve housing complaints
If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Fax: (860) 747-1123
One Central Square
Plainville, CT 06062
Fax: (860) 276-6277
196 North Main St.
Southington, CT 06489
Shane Lockwood, M.P.H., R.S.
Director of Health
Marco Palmeri, R.S.
Sanitarian and Housing Code Enforcement Official
Plainville Office Hours:
Monday – Wednesday
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
8:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.