The Friends of the Library have an ongoing book sale in the Book Nook located in the Adult Deptartment near the computers.
Paperback books and children's books are 50 cents each or 3/$1.00
Hard cover books, CDs, and DVDs are $1.00 each.
The Book Nook also features a drink machine where patrons can purchase a cup of coffee, tea or hot chocolate for $1.00.
Check the online book store for a growing collection of rare and antique books for sale.
The Friends of the Library are an association of persons interested in books and libraries. Membership in this group is open to all interested individuals upon payment of their annual dues. It provides a means through which they may share their enthusiasm for the aims and services of the library and focus public attention on its facilities and needs.
What We Do
- Sponsor book discussions for adults, musical programs, guest appearances of authors, and other special programs, lectures and events for adults and children.
- Purchase materials, books, software and equipment for the library that is not covered in the library's budget.
- Print monthly calendar of library events and mail to membership.
- Conduct semi-annual used book sales to raise funds for library programs and projects.
- Hold Annual Friends Meeting and Potluck Supper in May of each year.
- Decorate the library for the holiday season in December and for special events.
- Provide refreshments for various events at the library.
If you would like to join us, as either an active or supporting member, please print and fill out our membership form, and return it to the library with your membership dues.